Evening Express 1908
The parishioners of Llangunllo. Radnorshire, presented to their vicar, the Rev. John Evans, M.A., on the occasion of his leaving for the Rectory of Llangammarch Wells, a handsome gold watch, suitably inscribed, and a purse of gold. Mrs. Jackson, Treburvaugh on behalf of the parishioners, made the presentation. The schoolroom was crowded with parishioners. Mrs. Evans was made the recipient of a solid silver tea service, with kettle and lamp to match, with her monogram on every article, and her brother, Mr. S. S. Davies, who had taken great interest in the choir, was presented with a gold albert and a purse of money. The Vicar, Mrs. Evans, and Mr. Davies thanked the company for the kindness shown them during their sojourn of fourteen years amongst them. During Mr. Evans’ incumbency a new tower and porch were built and a two-manual pipe organ, hot water heating apparatus, and lighting apparatus (acetylene gas) fitted. The living was also augmented, and the National School debt was cleared.
The National Library of Wales Newspaper Archives.